Thursday, July 22, 2010

Recipe du Jour!

I love Thursdays!  They're victorious.  You've made it through the bulk of your week, one day left until the weekend.  Ahhhh...sweet Thursdays!  In honor of Thursday, I'm going to give you a recipe, that is actually not on this week's menu, but one that Wes and I enjoy every now and again (or just the one time that I've made it, but we keep talking about enjoying it again). 

Chicken Pesto Pizza
(1) pre-made pizza crust (I'll provide a great crust recipe soon)
12oz - 16oz pesto (I have a great pesto recipe too...think smoky almonds instead of pine nuts, mmmmm!)
12oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
(2) Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
(1) can of black beans, drained (optional.  Wes is a bean-hater.  I'm a bean-lover.).
Fresh Mozzarella, Chevre, Pepper-Jack, Parmesan (whatever you have on hand)
Fresh ground white pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 350.  Spread pesto over pizza crust.  Next, spread chicken, black beans, cheese and tomato (in that order) over crust.  Throw that sucker in the oven and let it warm through until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.  Let it settle for about 5 minutes before slicing.  Put this pizza on your prettiest plate and enjoy! 

**Helfpul Hint**If you choose to boil your chicken breasts for this recipe, throw about 2 heaping tablespoonfuls into the water (this is going to seem like a lot of garlic, but trust me here).  Your chicken will come out more flavorful than you've ever imagined.  That's right, it will blow your mind. 

Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment